- Architectural and ecological concept: the building merges into and thus becomes part of the „Prater“ landscape.
- Dealing with nature and landscape as a measure against the sealing of urban spaces. The educational institution as an inspiration for new paths. A campus of diversity with which researchers, teachers and students can identify, offers discoveries.
- A communal garden constitutes the university‘s roof. As a separate unit within a large free zone, the roof landscape is enlivened by those who use it.
- The extroverted university (as a counterpoint to the concept of an ivory tower) provides opportunities for retreat in the atrium courtyards. Those semi-public external spaces accompany the self study areas, the ceremonial hall, the departments‘ front offices, the fitness area and the kindergarten.
- A globally unique university campus serving as the economic and ecologic corporate identity of the Vienna University of Economics and Business.